Thursday 20 February 2020

Kent North MLA says he's subject of harassment complaint

https://twitter.com/DavidRayAmos/with_replies





Replying to @alllibertynews and 49 others


My MY My Methinks the clowns are not so Happy Happy Happy in the backrooms of this circus N'esy Pas?


https://davidraymondamos3.blogspot.com/2020/02/kent-north-mla-says-hes-subject-of.html







https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/green-mla-harassment-complaint-1.5465438



Kent North MLA says he's subject of harassment complaint

Kevin Arseneau said he 'calmly pushed' another MLA during confrontation



CBC News · Posted: Feb 15, 2020 1:02 PM AT



Green MLA Kevin Arseneau said another MLA approached him, verbally assaulted him and prevented him from leaving the room. (Radio-Canada)

A Green Party MLA confirms he is the subject of a complaint made against an MLA earlier this week.

Kent North MLA Kevin Arseneau said he decided to come forward as the subject of the complaint after it was reported in the media.

"I will not go into details because I respect the work that will be done under the Legislature's Respectful Workplace and Harassment Policy, but I would like to clarify certain points," Arseneau said in a press release.


Earlier this week, Daniel Guitard, the Speaker of the New Brunswick Legislature, confirmed that a harassment complaint was filed against an MLA, but would not elaborate.

The incident took place at a meeting of the legislative administration committee.

Arseneau said another MLA approached him, verbally assaulted him and prevented him from leaving the room.

"Despite my repeated requests to stop and let me leave, the person continued to verbally assault me," said Arseneau.

"To ensure my own safety, I calmly pushed the person out of my way so that I could leave the room."
Arseneau alleges the MLA continued to follow and verbally assault him until "other people intervened."



'I have the right to do my job'


The identity of the other MLA has not been disclosed.

Arseneau said he doesn't regret what he did and said he felt threatened.

"I will stand up because I maintain that I have the right to do my job in a safe work environment," said Arseneau.

"That right also belongs to every man, woman and child. If you have ever found yourself in a situation of harassment, never hesitate to speak out against your harassers."

With files from Michel Corriveau and Shane Fowler



CBC's Journalistic Standards and Practices





58 Comments
Commenting is now closed for this story.





David Amos
My MY My Methinks the clowns are not so Happy Happy Happy in the backrooms of this circus N'esy Pas?



























Toby Tolly
verbally assaulted....


David Amos 

Content disabled
Reply to @Toby Tolly: I'm shocked



























Roy Kirk
Perhaps a members should be required to wear bodycams?


David Amos 
Reply to @Roy Kirk: and lug tasers

























Joe Rootliek
We were not there, as a commenter below had indicated. So maybe even my own spiel on things are wrong.

Personally, in my opinion, light pushing is not a form of harassment- punching or kicking, yes. A good hard shove on a concrete floor or pave flooring, has to be looked at.

If he pushed the person, who was blocking (If, if he was blocking him), and the person was still standing, and he left, in my opinion, I see nothing wrong there.



David Amos 
Reply to @Joe Rootliek: Methinks we should ask where the Sergeant at Arms and his mace were N'esy Pas?





















Michael Durant
if Arsenualt made any physical contact regardless of how light that is a criminal charge of assault. If he had anything in his hands such as a paper, the charge is assault with a weapon.


David Amos 
Reply to @Michael durant: Yea Right

























Eddy Watts
Nothing about "gender"; if so, the story might become a story (it's not right now). I can go to 100s of hockey games and see this 10x a game.


David Amos 
Reply to @eddy watts: Good point 

Richard Dunn
Maybe the voters will "calmly push" this guy back to his farm in the election.

David Amos 
Reply to @Richard Dunn: I would lay odds that they do 

























 
Mack Leigh
Well at least he is consistent..
   
David Amos
Reply to @Mack Leigh: YUP  

 
Lewis Taylor
None of you posters have any idea what happened yet you are all ready to conclude and disparage mainly because he does not belong to your party. This is what is wrong today and it is only getting worse.

Mack Leigh
Reply to @Lewis Taylor: I suspect many are comment because they have witnessed this hothead in action before this. His reputation precedes him including when president of the contentious and divisive SANB as well as while attending the illustrious U du M.

David Amos
Reply to @Mack Leigh: Trust that I heard all about him 



























 
Fern Robichaud
My little birdies tell me he's not the type of guy I'd want as my MLA. I think the Green Party has got his hands full with him.

Matt Steele
Reply to @Fern Robichaud: ...I think you are correct as I have heard the same . Mr.Arseneau seems to have some pretty serious anger management issues ; and it has been an ongoing issue for quite some time 

David Amos
Reply to @Fern Robichaud: True 

























 
Matt Steele
Not really surprising . Wasn't Kevin Arseneau the guy that the N.B. Liberal Party rejected as a candidate because they felt that he was to unstable and extreme . With a prov. election not far off , hopefully the folks of Kent North give this guy his walking papers before he hurts someone , or worse .

David Amos
Reply to @Matt Steele: Methinks I should come out of retirement and have some fun in Kent County N'esy Pas? 

























 
Dunstable Kolbe
Interesting excuse - fact is a physical assault occurred. Unbelievable people with this kind of mentality are elected to run the province.

David Amos
Reply to @Dunstable Kolbe: Were you there? 

























 
Mack Leigh
" Calmly pushed " ? Is that kinda like "calmly shot " ?

Greg Smith 
Reply to @Mack Leigh: You just won misplaced analogy of the year award, and impressive feat considering we’re only halfway through February.

David Amos 

Content disabled
Reply to @Greg Smith: Methinks the fat lady ain't sung on the anal ogy contest yet N'esy Pas?

David Amos
Reply to @Mack Leigh: Methinks Arseneau et al are struggling with the email I sent them and the RCMP yesterday N'esy Pas?

Larry Larson 
Reply to @David Amos: Care to provide us with a copy?

Mack Leigh 
Reply to @Larry Larson: That would be subject to the CBC 's " approval " and I suspect it would not fit their agenda. 


























 
Justin Gunther
"That right also belongs to every man, woman and child. If you have ever found yourself in a situation of harassment, never hesitate to speak out against your harassers."

I don't know anything about this guy or situation beyond the above article, but this statement is meaningless in the context of the workplace if you don't have a job where these principles can actually be enforced. In enough workplace environments there isn't just a lack of will to enforce policies to protect the entire workforce, there is a deliberate culture of "if you don't like it leave."

And I have a government that is so inefficient that if I found myself in a similar situation at a job I'm qualified for and nothing was done about it, it would take my government two years to pay lip-service to the problem before telling me I couldn't possibly be right because I'm the wrong identity politics demographic to be right in that situation. I may be employing some hyperbole here but you see how you are privileged, right?

Consider yourself fortunate Mr. Arseneau


Justin Gunther
Reply to @Justin Gunther: And when I bring things to the attention of the CBC via email, sometimes alarming things, from my perspective at least, they don't reply or run stories on them.

Consider yourself fortunate Mr. Arseneau.


David Amos
Reply to @Justin Gunther: Go Figure 























 
Andrea MacKenzie
Wonder who the other MLA was....sounds like a psycho bully to me....couldn’t be one of those in the Higgs cabinet could there be? One with a repeated pattern of bullying and harassment?

 
Toby Tolly
Reply to @Andrea MacKenzie: you believe too much of what you read

Kyle Woodman
Reply to @Toby Tolly: not believing, just asking questions. I’m aware as well that this particular accuser can be a bit obsessed with victim mentality. But his description of the agressor here is interesting given known aggressive bullying behaviour by members of Higgs cabinet.

Andrea MacKenzie 
Reply to @Andrea MacKenzie: AG AAM.

Jim Cyr 
Reply to @Andrea MacKenzie: your boy Justin laid hands on a woman MP on the floor of the House. In anger. What say you???.......

Mac Isaac
Reply to @Jim Cyr: How about bull pucks!?

David Amos
Reply to @Jim Cyr: Methinks it was his elbow that made contact N'esy Pas?

David Amos
Reply to @Andrea MacKenzie: Methinks I should lay odds that the other dude is likely a little guy with a big mouth just like Arseneau is I also bet that the other MLA s would agree that they deserve each other N'esy Pas? 
























 
Toby Tolly
calmly pushed
was that translated correctly?


David Amos
Reply to @Toby Tolly: YUP
 

No comments:

Post a Comment