Thursday 30 May 2019

Trudeau urges U.S. Democrats in Congress to pass new NAFTA

https://twitter.com/DavidRayAmos/with_replies





Replying to and 48 others
My Reply to Norman Young "Methinks I should remind Trudeau and the Yankees about my opinion of NAFTA 15 years ago N'esy Pas?"

My Reply to Ryan Jason "Content disabled"  

Go Figure

https://davidraymondamos3.blogspot.com/2019/05/trudeau-urges-us-democrats-in-congress.html 

 





https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/pence-vp-trudeau-nafta-trade-ratification-1.5155777




Trudeau urges U.S. Democrats in Congress to pass new NAFTA




 1947 Comments



Norman Young
 Trudeau drove a hard bargain? Hahahahahahahahahahahaha......


David Amos
Reply to @Norman Young: Methinks I should remind Trudeau and the Yankees about my opinion of NAFTA 15 years ago N'esy Pas?

The Unconventional Candidate

David Amos Isn’t Campaigning For Your Vote, But….

By Gisele McKnight

FUNDY—He has a pack of cigarettes in his shirt pocket, a chain on his wallet, a beard at least a foot long, 60 motorcycles and a cell phone that rings to the tune of "Yankee Doodle."

Meet the latest addition to the Fundy ballot—David Amos.

The independent candidate lives in Milton, Massachusetts with his wife and two children, but his place of residence does not stop him from running for office in Canada.

One has only to be at least 18, a Canadian citizen and not be in jail to meet Elections Canada requirements.

When it came time to launch his political crusade, Amos chose his favourite place to do so—Fundy.

Amos, 52, is running for political office because of his dissatisfaction with politicians.

"I’ve become aware of much corruption involving our two countries," he said. "The only way to fix corruption is in the political forum."




David Amos

Content disabled
Reply to @David Amos: Continued

The journey that eventually led Amos to politics began in Sussex in 1987. He woke up one morning disillusioned with life and decided he needed to change his life.

"I lost my faith in mankind," he said. "People go through that sometimes in midlife."

So Amos, who’d lived in Sussex since 1973, closed his Four Corners motorcycle shop, paid his bills and hit the road with Annie, his 1952 Panhead motorcycle.

"Annie and I rode around for awhile (three years, to be exact) experiencing the milk of human kindness," he said. "This is how you renew your faith in mankind – you help anyone you can, you never ask for anything, but you take what they offer."

For those three years, they offered food, a place to sleep, odd jobs and conversation all over North America.

Since he and Annie stopped wandering, he has married, fathered a son and a daughter and become a house-husband – Mr. Mom, as he calls himself.

He also describes himself in far more colourful terms—a motorcyclist rather than a biker, a "fun-loving, free-thinking, pig-headed individual," a "pissed-off Maritimer" rather than an activist, a proud Canadian and a "wild colonial boy."

Ironically, the man who is running for office has never voted in his life.

"But I have no right to criticize unless I offer my name," he said. "It’s alright to ***** in the kitchen, but can you walk the walk?"

Amos has no intention of actively campaigning.

"I didn’t appreciate it when they (politicians) pounded on my door interrupting my dinner," he said. "If people are interested, they can call me. I’m not going to drive my opinions down their throats."



David Amos
Reply to @David Amos: Continued

And he has no campaign budget, nor does he want one.

"I won’t take any donations," he said. "Just try to give me some. It’s not about money. It goes against what I’m fighting about.

What he’s fighting for is the discussion of issues – tainted blood, the exploitation of the Maritimes’ gas and oil reserves and NAFTA, to name a few.

"The political issues in the Maritimes involve the three Fs – fishing, farming and forestry, but they forget foreign issues," he said. "I’m death on NAFTA, the back room deals and free trade. I say chuck it (NAFTA) out the window.

NAFTA is the North American Free Trade Agreement which allows an easier flow of goods between Canada, the United States and Mexico.

Amos disagrees with the idea that a vote for him is a wasted vote.

"There are no wasted votes," he said. "I want people like me, especially young people, to pay attention and exercise their right. Don’t necessarily vote for me, but vote."

Although…if you’re going to vote anyway, Amos would be happy to have your X by his name.

"I want people to go into that voting booth, see my name, laugh and say, ‘what the hell.’


Ryan Jason
Reply to @David Amos: ""I’m death on NAFTA, the back room deals and free trade. I say chuck it (NAFTA) out the window." And how would you arrange trade amongst differing nations instead? I hear you complain a lot, but I rarely hear you suggest a workable alternative to your complaints. This country does not need more people complaining without well thought out alternatives, otherwise you just cause trouble then you save.  


David Amos
Content disabled 
Reply to @Ryan Jason: "I hear you complain a lot, but I rarely hear you suggest a workable alternative to your complaints."

Methinks you should read at least one of my complaints before you judge me? (Just Google Federal Court File T-1557-15 to find the one I filed while runnng in the election of the 42nd Parliament in Fundy Royal) Furthermore its not my fault that you did not bother to read what I have been offering to the public since 2002 when I first sued 3 Yankee Treasury Agents, a Cardinal, an Attorney General and more lawyers than most folks can name. However you cannot deny the words of mine that you just quoted are on page 20 of this old file.

https://www.scribd.com/doc/2718120/integrity-yea-right

You should at least understand that clearly lots of powerful people have checked my work and nobody has dared to call me a liar yet N'esy Pas?



David Amos
Content disabled 
Reply to @Ryan Jason: "Content disabled" 


David Amos
Reply to @Ryan Jason: Methinks you will have to check Twitter to view my reply to you N'esy Pas?













Troy Bodi
I'll still be buying "Made in Canada" first every chance I get. 



David Amos
Reply to @Troy Bodi: Methinks the CRA and Harvey Cashore should review their emails by now N'esy Pas?



Trudeau urges U.S. Democrats in Congress to pass new NAFTA

Prime minister says new trade deal includes progressive provisions on environment, labour




No comments:

Post a Comment